JoAnn Fekany, Myo-Therapy Healthcare MA9876
To assist my patients with their healing and maintenance processes. I constantly strive to meet the changing needs of my patients by enhancing my skills with advanced training
JoAnn’s Certifications Include
- Structural Energetic Therapy (S.E.T.) - Description of this work is at the bottom of the page.
- CORE - 10 Session Structural Integration - Description of this work is at the bottom of the page.
- Lymphatic drainage
- Pre-Post Operative Massage
- Sports Massage
- Pre-Post Advanced Sports Massage
- Oncology Recovery Massage
- Pre and Post Natal Massage
- Medical Massage
- Craniosacral Therapy
Awards and Achievements:
- 2002: National Humanitarian Award
- 2001: Humanitarian Award for the State of Florida
- 2001: Disney’s Teacherifc Award, “Hands for Life”
- 2000: Disney’s Teacherific Award, “Baby Bonding”
- 1996: Advanced Sports Massage Therapist for the British Olympic Team
New Patient Paperwork for JoAnn Fekany
Maureen Shaw, Absolute Health Inc.MA34636
To create a continual educational environment for our team members and clients by empowering them to dream, believe, and inspire others to achieve and envision their absolute health.
Maureen’s Certifications Include
- Cranial Release Technique (CRT)
Pre & Post Pregnancy Massage
- 1999: Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training from the University of West Florida
- 2000: Masters of Science in Health Education from the University of West Florida
- 2001: Pensacola School of Massage Therapy
- 2001: Certified Athletic Trainer
- 2010: Director of Ideal Protein Clinic
New Patient Paperwork for Maureen Shaw
The typical massage is motivated by a stressful or painful condition. But massage’s magical ministrations go deeper and offer you far more than you may have ever suspected. Regular massage can greatly benefit your overall health and well-being.
Here are only a few of the typical benefits:
- Alleviates Stress
- Aids Digestion
- Improves Circulation & Lymphatic flow
- Relieves Tight or Sore Muscles
- Aids Detoxification
- Improves Range of Motion
- Aids in Maintaining Flexibility
- Enhanced Sleep Quality
- Releases Endorphins - Amino Acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
What is Structural Energetic Therapy®?
Structural Energetic Therapy® (SET) is the integration of Cranial/Structural techniques (our “golden nugget”) with specialized soft tissue protocols designed to work together to release the primary core (spiral) distortion, and the distortions of sub-patterns, with the ultimate goal of restoring balance in the body long term.
Structural imbalances are responsible for over 90% of our painful symptoms throughout the body, and can cause varying degrees of limitations and dysfunctions. The core distortion that is present in the developing fetus causes a rotation in the pelvis, a structural weight bearing weakness at the base of the spine causing curvatures in the spine (scoliosis), and other compensations, weaknesses, and strain patterns in the body. Accidents, illnesses, stress, emotional challenges, injuries, and other life activities cause the body to collapse further into this distortion resulting in pain and dysfunction.
The combined techniques of Structural Energetic Therapy® address the area of your pain first, and then bring the rest of your body into balance to support those changes. These techniques include kinesiology and muscle testing, postural analysis, Cranial/Structural techniques, directed myofascial unwinding, emotional energy release, acupressure, scar tissue and adhesion release, deep tissue therapy and other therapeutic bodywork techniques.
The Ultimate Goal ...
To be able to resume your normal life activities pain free!
What is CORE - 10 Session Structural Integration Therapy?
As your structure integrates into balance and support, you will start to use your body more fully in your normal day-to-day activities. Your body needs to be strengthened to support your new structurally aligned posture. It is important for you to be aware that you may not be as strong as you feel, and to allow time to build strength before using your body in maximum effort (both in strength and endurance.) If you overdo, you may well collapse back
into a structural distortion resulting in pain and strained muscle fibers that are not conditioned for heavy work. Exercises to strengthen the intrinsic stabilizing muscles are more helpful than exercises to strengthen the extrinsic muscles, large muscle groups that move the body.
Structural Integration is a 10-session therapeutic and educational plan of deep fascia manipulation, awareness exercises and movement education. It is designed to improve the body’s structure (shape) and function (movement). A different body region is worked on in each session. This establishes a balanced structure which releases deep chronic tension, improves interrelated movement patterns, and increases self-reliance through heightened physical awareness.
The Ten-series can be divided into three distinct phases:
- PHASE 1: Extrinsic – The first three sessions strive to loosen and balance surface layers of the body.
- PHASE 2: Intrinsic – The next four sessions are referred to as the “core” sessions. They lengthen and release the deeper layers of intrinsic musculature and focus specifically on the relationship between the lower extremities, pelvis, spinal column, shoulder girdle, and head.
- PHASE 3: Integration – The final three sessions are a more comprehensive approach to reworking and integrating all regions of the body. They are designed to decrease stress and increase energy as the body’s structure is better aligned with gravity.